The UK is one of the biggest countries in terms of cricket betting and sports betting as a whole. There is a huge choice of cricket betting sites but not all operators are created equal so let’s take a look at the best of them.
Best UK Licensed Cricket Betting Sites
- SIA (Sports Interaction)First Deposit Match Bonus up to $500VISITKey Terms:Bet Credits equal to your 1st deposit up to $500. Full T&Cs apply. Play Responsibly. 19+
- SIA (Sports Interaction)SIA offer for Ontario residentsVISITKey Terms:Check the SIA website for their actual offer. T&Cs apply. Ontario only. 19+ Play Responsibly
- OntarioGambling can be addictive, please play responsibly.Eligible iGames conducted and managed by iGO are only available to those physically present in the Province of Ontario.
- Unibet100% up to $250VISITKey Terms:19+ only. New customers only. Minimum first deposit of $20. Wagering the bonus money: Bet your bonus x 6. Only bets settled within the bonus validity period of 30 days will count. Bets cannot be placed on any product other than Sportsbook. Unibet Sports Bonus Money can't be used for the following products: Poker, Casino, Live Casino, Games, Bingo. The bonus will expire after 30 days of opt in. If you don't complete the wagering in this time the Unibet Bonus Money and the winnings you've made by wagering the Unibet Bonus Money will be lost. General Unibet terms and conditions apply.
- Betway100% Deposit Bonus up to $200VISITKey Terms:New Canada customers only. Opt-in required. Bonus based on 1st deposit of $10+. 10x bonus wagering at odds of 1.75+. Terms apply
- BetwayOntario Sports Offer from BetwayVISITKey Terms:New customers only from Ontario (CA). 19+. Full Terms apply. Play Responsibly
- Royal Panda SportsRoyal Panda Sports Offer for OntarioVISITKey Terms:#Ad Full Terms and Conditions Apply. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly. Eligible iGames conducted and managed by iGO are only available to those physically present in the Province of Ontario. 19+
- LeoVegas100% Match up to $1,000 extra AND a Free Bet worth up to $75!VISIT
- LeoVegasLeo Vegas Sports Offer for OntarioVISITKey Terms:Full Terms and Conditions Apply. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly. Eligible iGames conducted and managed by iGO are only available to those physically present in the Province of Ontario. LeoSafePlay.com 19+
- 888sport100% bonus up to $300 + $10 casino bonusVISITKey Terms:$10 min deposit • The bonus will be applied once the full deposit amount has been wagered at least once with cumulative odds of 1.5 or greater • Wagering must be cleared within 60 days • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager the bonus amount40 times within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Wagering limit of $50 per bet Applies • Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & Full T&C’s apply
- 888sport888Sport's Ontario offerVISITKey Terms:#Ad Full Terms and Conditions Apply. Gambling can be addictive, please play responsibly. Eligible iGames conducted and managed by iGO are only available to those physically present in the Province of Ontario. 19+
- ComeOnBet $25 and get $100 in Free BetsVISITKey Terms:18+ Begambleaware.org Min. deposit: $20. Wagering requirements (min odds 1.75) must be fulfilled within 30 days before a withdrawal. Accepted payment methods for the welcome offer are: Credit or Debit cards, MuchBetter, Local Bank Transfers, Interact. Any fraudulent or unethical behaviour be suspected in the Player’s Gameplay, the company has the right to reject the withdrawal and confiscate winnings.
- Casumo100% Bonus up to ₹10,000VISITKey Terms:18+ New customers only. 100% Bonus: Opt-in required. Min. deposit ₹700 to receive a 100% bonus up to ₹10,000 (within 7 days from reg.). 6x deposit and bonus wagering at odds of 1.6. T&Cs apply. Play Responsibly. begambleaware.org. Full Bonus terms apply.
- bet365Get Up To ₹4,000 in Bet CreditsVISITKey Terms:15% of your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits (up to ₹4,000). Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply. Full T&Cs apply. 18+, begambleaware.org.
- Bons₹1000 Free BetVISITKey Terms:Cashback up to 20% every month, ₹1000 free bet on sport, Rebate 500% in sports bets, COMBOBOOST up to 100% in combo bet
- Betway100% Matched Free Bet up to ₹4,000 If First Bet LosesVISITKey Terms:*New India customers only. Min Stake: ₹250. Max Free Bet: ₹4,000. First bet on any sports with overall odds: 2.00 (1/1) or higher. Free Bets available upon settlement of the qualifying bet. This is offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+ Terms Apply
- ComeOn100% Matched Deposit Bonus up to ₹6000VISITKey Terms:India 18+ customers only. You will have a total of 30 days to complete the bonus from the activation date. ComeOn! will double your first deposit, up to ₹6,000. Minimum deposit is ₹200. Maximum bonus amount is ₹6,000. Minimum wagering requirements apply. You will need to wager your bonus before you can withdraw as follows: Sportsbook: 10 x deposit and bonus. Each way bets or bets placed on Asian Handicap are excluded. The ₹6,000 Sports Welcome Bonus will be credited to your account within 24 hours after your first qualifying bet has been accepted. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Unibet100% up to €50 (~₹4,000) on Your First DepositVISITKey Terms:18+ Play Responsibly. €50 Currency Equivalent refers to a Unibet currency calculation, not the current exchange rate. Further T&Cs apply.
- BetwayGet up to £90 in Free BetsVISITKey Terms:Opt-in required. Upon weekly qualification, customers will be credited with £/€10 in Free Bets in two £/€5 installments on Saturday and Monday. From 24th September until 18th November 2022, an extra £/€5 Free Bet will be added to Quest to Qatar pot, which half will be credited on 19th November 2022, and the other half credited on 3rd December 2022. £30 Acca Offer New UK customers only. Min Deposit: £5. Maximum Free Bet: £30. Debit card deposits only. Valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Full terms apply.
- 888sport100% up to £250 w/ code 250BONUSVISITKey Terms:#Ad. 18+. £10 min deposit using promo code 250BONUS • The bonus will be applied once the full deposit amount has been wagered at least twice with cumulative odds of 1.50 or greater • To withdraw any winnings from your bonus, you must wager the bonus amount at least 5 times • All deposit and bonus wagering requirements must be completed within 60 days • This offer may not be combined with any other offer • Wagering limit of £50 per bet Applies • Restrictions apply to withdrawals, payment methods and countries & full T&Cs apply. Please gamble responsibly - www.begambleaware.org
- bet365Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free BetsVISITKey Terms:#Ad. 18+ New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £50* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you five times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.
Significant Terms and Conditions
• Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 500% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £50* in Bet Credits. Once released, your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable.
• To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets placed and settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
• Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
• Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
- Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
- In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
- Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
- Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
- Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
• Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
• Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply. See full Terms. Please gamble responsibly! www.begambleaware.org
- Unibet£40 Money Back + £10 Casino BonusVISITKey Terms:18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first sports bet loses. Wagering requirements: sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Visit Unibet.co.uk for full T&Cs. #Ad
- 10bet50% up to £50 Welcome BonusVISITKey Terms:New Customers only; Min. deposit £15; Bonus amount 50% of deposit up to £50; Wager deposit and bonus 8x within 60 days; 4/5 Min. single odds or 2/5 min. acca selection odds; Max. stake contribution equal to the initial bonus; Certain bet types and payment methods excluded; See full Terms apply; 18+ www.begambleaware.org #ad
- BetfredStake £10 Get £60 in BonusesVISITKey Terms:New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. 'TAKE TIME TO THINK.' www.begambleaware.org #ad
- Mr PlayBet £10 Get £15VISIT
- LeoVegas100% profit boost of up to £100 of winnings on first bet - mobileVISIT
- LV BET100% up to €50VISITKey Terms:18+. New Customers Only. 100% Welcome Bonus up to €50. Minimum deposit: €10. Maximum Bonus: €50. Wagering Requirements: 12x (Deposit+Bonus). Minimum 2 selections with total odds of 2.00. Payment method and country restrictions apply. The offer is valid until 31.12.2021. Bets placed on different selections within the same market or bets placed on equivalent markets are not eligible for this offer. Gamble Responsibly.
- QuinnBet SportsUp to £35 Free Bet + 10 Free SpinsVISITKey Terms:#ad 18+ New UK Customers Only. If your account has Sportsbook losses at the end of your first day's betting, QuinnBet will refund 50% of your losses as a Free Bet up to £35 (min 3 bets) Plus 10 Free online casino spins at QuinnCasino. Even if your account is up, you're guaranteed a £5 Free Bet Plus 10 Free Spins provided you place at least 1 bet of £10 or greater at the minimum odds. Full T&Cs apply BeGambleAware.org
- 10bet50% up to €50 welcome bonusVISITKey Terms:Bonus code: PLAY50. Deposit and bonus must be wagered five (5) times single sports bets with odds of at least 4/5 (1.80) or combo bets with odds of at least 2/5 (1.40). The minimum qualifying deposit is €15. Play Responsibly; 18+
- bet365Bet Now!VISITKey Terms:Open an account with bet365 today and bet on a huge range of markets with the world's favourite online sports betting company.
- UnibetRegister Now to view current promotions!VISIT
- PlayUp AustraliaLogin to View PromotionsVISITKey Terms:Join PlayUp today and you can bet on all the best Racing and Sports. Whether you’re just after the simple stuff like Win/Place and Head-to-Heads or something a bit more complex such as Exotics and Player Props, we’ve got top odds on all the markets you could ever need! So sign up to Australia’s best fixed odds bookmaker now and make your best bet!
- 10bet50% up to €50 welcome bonusVISITKey Terms:Play Responsibly; 18+, New Players Only, Min. deposit: €15 (no Skrill, Euteller or Neteller), Bonus code: BET50, Wagered eight (8) times on: (1) settled single sports bets with odds of at least 1.80; or (2) settled combo bets with odds of at least 1.40 per selection before you can withdraw your bonus and any winnings resulting from it. Promotion Terms apply
- Royal Panda Sports50% Matched Free Bet up to $/€50VISITKey Terms:New customers only. Deposit $/€10 min and claim in ‘my offers' 1x50% Matched Free Bet Up to $/€50, to be used for live and mobile. Valid for 7 days. Full T&C's apply 18+ Play responsibly
- 10bet١٠٠٪ بونص ترحيبي تصل إلى ١٠٠ دولارVISITKey Terms:يمكن أن يكون القمار ضارًا ما لم يتم التحكم فيه. راجع صفحة اللعب المسؤول للحصول على مزيد من التفاصيل وأدوات المقامرة المسؤولة المتاحة. +18 العب بمسؤولية: www.gamblersanonymous.org
- 888sportBet 10 and get 30 in Free Bets + 10 for CasinoVISITKey Terms:Min deposit £/€/$10 • A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10 • For all territories outside of the UK – you must enter the following promotional code when making your first 'real money' deposit: 30FB • Min odds 1/2 (1.50) • Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days • Free Bet stakes not included in returns • Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager the bonus amount 40 times within 14 days • Casino Bonus expires after 60 days • Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & Full T&C’s apply. www.begambleaware.org #ad
- Ontario=====< eddig friss >=====
Best Cricket Betting Sites in the UK
Having been founded in 2008, 888Sport are part of the wider 888 Holdings Group and they are a well-established UK betting company. The sports betting platform can generally be relied upon to provide a generous welcome promotion and you can often find enhanced cricket betting odds offers beyond the regular opening deal.
While they cover a lot of sporting events from the big competitions down to the most niche tournaments, the main focus here is on core sports that the majority of bettors like to focus on.
Cricket is one of those core sports and you can always expect to find one of the widest ranges of markets for the big games. 888Sport are also known for providing competitive odds, particularly in some of the side cricket bets that we will cover in a later section.
They are widely known among the betting community as the home for live bets and it’s fair to say that bet365 have deserved that reputation. At any given time, there will be thousands of markets available over at the in-play section of their sportsbook.
For choice of live bet combined with competitive odds, it’s really tough to match bet365 but punters shouldn’t forget that they can also offer an exceptional service in the pre-match markets.
Bet365 also tend to publish their cricket betting odds earlier than most so, if you like to get in quickly, they will be one of the first, if not the first to declare.
All of this great service can be found at the cricket markets. Early cricket betting odds, competitive prices and an exceptional choice of markets are all part of the impressive bet365 platform. The company was founded in Stoke in 2000 so, once again, there is a long history and an element of trust that customers can rely upon.
In terms of backing cricket financially, Unibet have no competition. The sports betting company has sponsored a number of English county teams including Essex and Warwickshire and they have also given financial support to the T20 Blast tournament.
The company was founded in the mid-1990s in Sweden and it was originally intended to be an online betting community. Over time, there was so much interest in the project that it was logical to take things a stage further and build a sportsbook.
Because of the financial input that they give to the game, you can be sure that Unibet will take the cricket side of their operation very seriously. There is that same choice of markets together with competitive odds while promotions that can be used in the cricket markets will often be found.
Another great advantage of signing up here is the live streaming service. Unibet TV is available to customers with a funded account and it offers very extensive coverage of matches all over the world.
Since their formation in 2003, 10Bet now have more than one million customers worldwide. When you log on to the website, it may look fairly basic with its black and white design but the operator has invested rather more heavily in giving their customers one of the best cricket betting platforms.
There is a welcome offer here and, while there may not be too much in terms of published ongoing promotions, customers will often be emailed with special offers, many of which revolve around enhanced cricket betting odds.
There is the usual great choice of markets coupled with competitive odds at 10Bet and they are especially strong on side bets. So, if you like to stake on something other than the match markets, you should check them out.
Founded in 2006, Betway is a sportsbook that takes its sponsorship obligations very seriously. As of 2021, they are the largest sponsor of British and Irish horse racing while the cricketing world also receives a lot of support.
Betway were initially involved with Cricket Australia and have since extended their financial backing into the West Indies. At international matches hosted by either team, you can frequently see the Betway logo featuring on the boundary boards.
In terms of what they offer to regular customers, this is a site with one of the biggest sets of side markets on any sport. For cricket, that means many hundreds of options for the major games so, if you like plenty of choice, this is the place to come.
That choice is backed by excellent odds and there are many price boosts and other promotions that can be used in the Betway cricket markets.
The BetFred operation originally started as a small chain of betting shops in the North East of England in the 1960s. They have, therefore, been trading for over 50 years and that’s significantly longer than the vast majority of sports betting companies currently online.
They are known for their many promotions which offer value on top of their regular cricket betting odds. Many of those offers are related to specific sports and cricket can be included when the major tournaments are played.
Those competitive odds are especially strong in match betting but there is a good choice of side bets too. Once again, this is a good overall package from one of the most established sports betting sites around.
While the sports betting platform was a relatively recent addition to their overall portfolio, the wider Mansion Group has been trading for many years. Customers in the UK may well be familiar with them thanks to their wide set of physical casinos which are located up and down the country.
In terms of cricket betting, they are similar to 10Bet in the sense that MansionBet is very competitive when it comes to staking on the side markets. They are good with match betting too but it’s those side bets that see them really score.
Once again, MansionBet has a good mix of choice and value and there is a welcome offer which can be followed up by special deals that are tailored to a customer’s betting pattern.
Another sports betting company with a long history, BetVictor can trace their roots back to 1946. Led in more recent times by the charismatic Victor Chandler, this is a bookmaker devoted to UK sports and cricket is a firm part of that outlook.
This is, perhaps, the best all-round package among the recommended list. There’s a good welcome offer and a healthy selection of ongoing promotions for existing customers once they are on board. Odds are competitive in both outright winner and side markets and there is a good range of cricket bets to consider.
One area where BetVictor really stands out is with the depth of competitions covered. Like all good sportsbooks, they provide odds for the big international and domestic tournaments but they are also more likely to list prices for the smaller competitions in world cricket.
It’s worth checking out an exchange as the set up means that you can often find more generous odds than in the static sportsbook. Betfair is the biggest exchange of them all and they have been an important part of the betting landscape since 2000.
In that time, Betfair has also partnered with cricket on a commercial basis. In fact, they are one of the oldest companies to do so, having signed a sponsorship deal with Channel 4’s Ashes cricket coverage back in 2005.
There is a conventional sportsbook but, although there are frequent price boosts here, many prefer the exchange for the possibility of finding those longer odds. Whichever option you choose, you should be able to find a huge choice of cricket markets and Betfair are good for promotions relating to cricket.
Another bonus is the Betfair blog with extensive match previews of all the big cricket games.
Of all the sportsbooks on this list, Ladbrokes have the longest history by far. The company can trace its roots all the way back to 1866 when it was a commissioning agent in the horse racing industry.
Since then, Ladbrokes have been at the forefront of most major developments in the betting sector. That’s a seriously long period of time and one that can clearly build trust among its customer base.
In the modern day, cricket bettors can look forward to a comprehensive package at Ladbrokes: There is a generous welcome offer and regular promotions, including price boosts. Ladbrokes also like to send customers one off free sports bets so remember to opt in to SMS and/or email notifications.
Cricket markets are extensive and there is a good coverage of the smaller English competitions. With excellent cricket odds, this betting offers another great all-round package.
New Online Cricket Betting Sites in the UK
Mr Play Sport
Mr Play is a very recent addition to the list with the sportsbook only coming online in 2019. We’ll see as we look at new bookmakers that many of them are carrying out new innovations as a way of staying competitive in an industry that can be dominated by the established players.
That was the case with Mr Green and we can see it here too with Mr Play Sport. It’s one of the best sites to visit if you like to focus on player bets and, for cricket, that means staking on more top batter and top bowler markets along with other options that are specifically tailored to a player’s performance during the game.
It’s a different way of looking at things but Mr Play Sport have taken care of the basics too. There is an excellent set of regular markets with all major cricket matches covered and those solid odds can sometimes be backed up by price boosts.
QuinnBet is solely aimed at English and Irish players and, while that’s not great news for the rest of the world, we may as well take advantage of that approach. It means that there will be more extensive coverage of our favourite sports and naturally this will include cricket.
It all starts off with a generous welcome package and this is another site where you may find an enhanced odds offer listed as an alternative to the opening deal. This is arguably the best site among the new bookmakers when it comes to finding ongoing promos. There’s always something to be found and, if you are a regular staker, you may even find a free bet coupon on every single day.
The cricket platform may not have the biggest range of side bets and this is one area that could be improved. However, the odds are exceptional for match betting so, if you prefer to concentrate solely on the match winner, you should be checking QuinnBet out.
If you’ve been hanging around the betting community for some time then you may have come across the phrase ‘you’ve been Kwiffed’. This is a promo specific to the Kwiff betting platform and it’s a price boost offer that can provide some seriously enhanced returns on winning bets.
This is a mobile only site but don’t worry because the betting app is free and fast to download and the functionality is very good. You can quickly log in and find what should be a very extensive set of cricket markets.
If there is one area for Kwiff to address then it’s with their regular odds. I’d suggest checking them against other sites carefully and, while they can often compete, this isn’t always the case.
However, the promise of Supercharged sports betting and those incredible price boosts is the main reason why players sign up here. The boosts may drop in only occasionally but they are worth it when they do land.
Many reviews of LV BET tend to focus on the platform being aimed at mainland European customers but don’t let that dissuade you from signing up here. They are a diverse sportsbook that cover one of the widest sets of global sports and cricket has excellent coverage.
There’s a quick and easy welcome offer and LV BET also like to publish ongoing promotions. One of the more common of these deals provides potential price boosts on winning accumulator bets and that can be extremely useful if you like to bet on straight line multiples. Enhanced odds specials are less likely to be found on single bets but the odds here start from a strong position.
It’s another website to quote extensively for live cricket betting so do take a look if you bet in play. From the list of new bookmakers, this is arguably the best all rounder with strong odds and a wide set of markets for all the major cricket matches.
A betting site may be relatively new but that doesn’t mean that they should be ignored. Mr Green are a good example of this and cricket followers should definitely be checking them out. The casino may have come online in 2008 but the sportsbook is a much more recent addition.
Mr Green takes a different approach to sports betting with lots of advice for their customers. Practical tips on strategy are here while they also offer tips on bankroll management and staking on what you know.
If your knowledge revolves around cricket then you should have a good home here. There is a huge set of markets and the odds are seriously competitive. Of the new bookmakers, Mr Green may well be the best option if you prefer to bet on the live markets.
Features of Best UK Cricket Betting Sites
Anyone offering sports betting services in Great Britain must have a relevant license and they should be authorised and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. Details of the UKGC endorsement and the licensing number is likely to appear at the bottom of the operator’s homepage.
All of the cricket betting sites recommended by us have a UK license and that’s a basic level of trust that shows you are dealing with a genuine company.
UK Payment Methods
All cricket betting sites will offer bank cards as a means of funding the account while many will also allow for bank transfers. When eWallets are involved, it helps if they are companies that are familiar to UK customers.
PayPal is the biggest eWallet in the world and, while they are not always open to partnering in with sportsbooks, the biggest bookmakers should offer this option.
Other eWallets that have extensive knowledge of the UK market include Skrill, Neteller and PaySafeCard. An increasing number of operators are also now accepting Apple Pay. When you see a wide list of deposit and withdrawal options, it gives the customer much greater flexibility.
Cricket Betting Markets
The best cricket betting sites should have an extensive choice of markets in place. Some of these are popular with all bettors while others are more niche events but all of them should be included. Here are some of the markets that you can expect to find.
This is the most simple bet to understand and it’s the place where many will start. Here, we are looking to stake on the team who we think will win a match.
In limited overs cricket, it will be a straight choice between the two sides taking part. In test match cricket, the best sportsbooks publish a third market for the draw.
This is similar to the match winner markets but here, we are backing the team who we think will win a series or tournament. It could be a test series, a set of limited overs games or a domestic competition.
The bookmakers involved will publish odds for all teams taking part and it’s down to the bettor to decide who they want to get behind.
Series Correct Score
In a test or limited overs series, the teams will play a certain number of games. The Series Correct Score market allows you to speculate on what you think the final outcome will be.
Remember that rain can wash out games and that’s a factor that needs to be taken into account.
Ahead of any major cricket match, sportsbooks will publish markets for the top batsman. You are literally staking on the player who you think will score the most runs.
For the bigger games, there are likely to be top batsman markets for each team and for the overall match. Remember that in test cricket, only the runs scored from the first innings will count.
Similar to the top batsman market, this option asks the bettor to stake on the bowler who they think will return the best figures.
Once again, any top bowler market in test match cricket will apply to the first innings only.
Player of the Match
In most big cricket games, sponsors and organisers will announce a Player of the Match award. This relates to the man or woman who the adjudicators feel has had the biggest positive impact on the game.
In matches where this award is in place, most sportsbooks will have a market where customers can bet on who they think will win it.
Big hitting batsmen attract the crowds and the most sixes betting markets are proving to be extremely popular. This is a bet which appears mostly in limited overs games and it requires the punter to stake on which team will hit the most sixes in the match.
Odds will be set for both sides and most bookies will also list a third option for the tie.
This market works in an identical way to Most 6s but, this time, we are staking on who we think will hit the most 4s.
Century in Match
This is a popular market that can appear for both test cricket matches and limited overs games. With this option, we are speculating on whether or not any batsman will score a century in the match in question.
There will be two options – yes or no – and any batter will need to score at least 100 in order for the ‘yes’ bet to convert.
Fifty in Match
This bet is similar to the Century in Match market, but we are now looking to stake on whether we think any player will score at least 50 runs in the game. Once again, there will be separate Yes and No options.
This type of market will be more common in limited overs matches and won’t be seen as much in test cricket where scores of 50 happen in virtually every game.
Lots of cricket betting sites that focus on cricket will have markets attached to individual players. Some are more extensive than others but there will always be a few options available.
As an example, there could be markets for a specific player to score at least 50 with the bat. Alternatively, an individual option could be in place for a bowler to take at least 3 wickets.
To take things much further, other bookmakers could ask bettors whether a batter will score between 0 and 25, 26 and 50, 51 and 75 and so on.
These player performance picks are certainly popular among cricket bettors who like to take things much more seriously.
Available Cricket Betting Events and Tournaments
UK bookmakers need to cover all professional leagues and cups that take place in their own country. In regards to cricket, that means listing options for the County Championship and all the other domestic competitions that take place here.
Outside of the UK, top international tournaments also need to have extensive coverage if that operator is going to make it onto our list of the best cricket betting sites. Here are some of the major events that should have a wide set of markets available.
Australia and England played the very first test match when the teams met at the Melbourne Cricket Ground back in 1877. At the start of the 1880s, a tiny urn carrying the remains of a bail was produced and the Ashes became the official trophy.
Ashes series tend to take place every four years and the hosting duties are shared between the two countries. We can usually expect to see five tests within each of those series so there’s lots of cricket to be played.
The sportsbooks get behind the Ashes in a big way with lots of markets and this is also a time when we can expect to see more offers and promotions appear.
The ICC 50 Over World Cup
The men’s 50 Over World Cup was first played in 1975 when West Indies ran out as the winners. The second edition followed in 1979 and, while there have been some anomalies on the calendar, the tournament tends to take place every four years.
The best full member nations from around the cricket world are joined by associate countries and there has been the occasional upset. The World Cup will generally take a month to complete and this is another tournament where bookmakers extend their market coverage while looking to include a host of betting offers and promotions.
T20 World Cup
The T20 format is the newest addition to the international cricket stage and the first ever World Cup took place in 2007. As with its 50-over counterpart, the general plan is to play the tournament every four years but there have been lots of changes to the calendar along the way.
T20 cricket attracts a big viewing audience and this may be an even busier time for the sportsbooks so remember to look out for those offers and deals.
Indian Premier League
Founded in 2008, the Indian Premier League is the biggest domestic T20 competition in the world. From 2022, there will be ten franchises taking part and they will be fielding the best exponents of the T20 game.
The IPL tends to start in April and finish in late May or early June. It’s been so successful that the ICC has had to find a special place for it on their calendar and, once again, the sportsbooks also get excited.
Look for extensive markets across the tournament and there are bound to be some generous promos to take advantage of.
Big Bash League
The Big Bash League is Australia’s answer to the IPL and, outside of India, many feel that it’s the biggest T20 competition. From 2021 onwards, the tournament will begin at the start of December and conclude in late January.
Eight teams take part in the competition and this is another time to look for those competitive odds. Promotions aren’t so widely found during the Big Bash but there may be some offers around the bigger sportsbooks.
The Regular Cricketing Calendar
All through the calendar year, countries will be playing test matches, One Day International and T20 Internationals. India, West Indies, Pakistan. South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka are among the big countries taking part while others combine to make up an increasing cricket family.
There are domestic cricket competitions too. Most countries now have their own T20 competition while new formats such as T10 and The Hundred in England have recently appeared. There’s a packed schedule throughout the year and the recommended sportsbooks on this page should have everything covered.
In Play Cricket Betting – Live Cricket Betting Markets
We’ve already mentioned that bet365 are considered to be pioneers when it comes to live cricket betting but there are other good platforms. Betway, Unibet and Ladbrokes offer extensive in-play selections while all bookmakers on this list should provide some form of live action.
All of the markets listed here should transfer to the live sportsbooks so you can expect to see match winners, tournament winners, top batsman, top bowler and many more. Live markets also have unique selections such as the bet on the next batsman to be dismissed.
The names listed here are among the best choices for in-play betting but all of the recommendations should cover this form of wagering.
Enhanced Odds Offers
All of the recommended cricket betting sites UK on this list should be providing competitive odds. At times, they can add a little more value by publishing an enhanced odds offer.
Enhanced odds can often be found by new customers looking to sign up with a new sportsbook. That enhancement can be a high one but remember to look out for terms including limits on your maximum stake.
888Sport, William Hill, Paddy Power and Ladbrokes are among those who frequently publish enhanced odds deals.
At other times, smaller price lifts can be found for all customers and these may come with no significant terms attached. In the main, enhanced odds offers tend to come along when the bigger tournaments such as The Ashes, the World Cups and the Indian Premier League take place.
There is so much to look out for when choosing a bookmaker for cricket betting. The two main needs are for competitive odds with a good selection of cricket markets.
As we delve a little deeper, this guide underlines other key elements such as licensing, payment methods, live betting, live streaming and the competitions that a sportsbook can cover. We’ve mentioned our own recommendations but the information here can help you assess any other sportsbook that you happen to come across.