Tag Cricket News
1) Ashley Giles, the premier spinner in England squad is yet to recover from his "hip surgery" and most probably will not be coming on the coming England's tour of India. "Ashley hasn't made the progress that we'd want him to make and he's got some concerns that we share," said England's chief medical officer Peter Gregory. Full report.
2) Senior police official - Yashvardhan Azad, who personally visited Karachi recently to examin the security and then only the current tour was given the read signal, will again visit the National Stadium on 26th. It must be noted that it was Azad only who did the sucurity check up last time in 2004 and on his recommendation, Karachi did not host any test match in that series. Read more.
3) Pakistani acting captain - Younis Khan was informally warned over the behaviour of his player on the 2nd and 3rd day of the current Faisalabad test. Younis is captainig in the absence of Injamam who is suffering from back pain. Read more.
4) First it was Australia who rested their Captain Ricky Ponting ahead of the 7th ODI in the current VB series and now its South Africa who will be resting their captain Greme Smith. Seems like both the countries are trying to show they are unbeatable even without their captain. Read more about it.
5) South African umpire Rudi Koertzen ranks India vs Pakistan bigger than Ashes or any other test series. Here is what he says.
6) Recently Indian coach Gerg Chappell said that our team needs a genuine fast bowler who can win matches even on flat track and also anywhere in the world. And seems like our young bowlers have heard him as Sunny Pal Dhillon, a 21 year old college boy from Delhi bowled 135 km/hr to win the Scorpio Speedster challenege. He was suffering from an injury but that didn't stop the courageous man to beat his rivals and make a promise for the future. Know more.