Tag Cricket News
1) New Zealand batsman - Lou Vincent has been omitted from the Kiwi Squad for the first test with West Indies, starting 9th of March. The reason is said to be the talk that Vincent and coach John Bracewell had. The rumour has that Vincent wasn't prepared to open the innings, as he wanted to bat in the middle order.
"Lou continually said himself that he didn't see himself as an opener and would prefer to bat in the middle order," Bracewell said yesterday. "We weren't prepared to play guys who were reluctant. As it happened Hamish Marshall was more than happy to play the role. Here is more to the controversy.
2) Australia has recalled Damien Martyn and Micheal Clarke for the test series against South Africa. The repeat series between Australia and South will be starting from 16th of March.
The notable omission is Bradd Hodge, who scored at an average of 58.42 in his only 5 test matches. Here is more about Hodge's omission but if you are looking for more information in who else is in this Australian test squad, try this.
3) First it was Australia and South Africa who decided to use only 11 players in the ODI series, leaving out the super sub, as they agreed on never using them. Now Pakistan and Srilanka has agreed to boycott the super sub rule as well, as they go in the ODI series, starting March 17th. Read more about it.
4) According to former Australian captain - Steve Waugh, Indian cricket team is on right track. "(Coach) Greg Chappell (another former Australian captain) is having a positive impact on the team and it's time for change in Indian cricket," "The spectators and the people should be a little patient with what's going on... I think they are going ahead in the right direction with the positive inflows," Waugh said
5) England fast bowler - Simon Jones, who went back home after sustaining an injury before the first test match with India, is unlikely to come back for the one day series. Read more.